Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Listen to the Silence


Revisiting more Bhavana Project flags from August 2007.
 
My friend, Elizabeth Dailey, describes how she came to her theme.  "I was sitting in Avalon - a rather noisy town, on beautiful...and sometimes quiet, Catalina Island. Reading The Man Who Walked Through Time by Colin Fletcher. He is the first man to walk the length of Grand Canyon Park - back in the late 50's or early 60's. This book is a wonderful account of his experience. I'm sure you can imagine that it was a physically rigorous, intellectually challenging and spiritually enlightening experience to backpack through that spectacular country. Early in the trek...he said, 'When I had finished my dinner, I lay still and listened to the silence.'  This spoke to me - reminded me of those special, silent moments I've experienced on the trail, hiking and camping in Nova Scotia, Grand Canyon, the Sierra's."

Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing your process and heartfelt journey!


Set #3 is in process. Mary Roy is next in line, but there is still time for you to join in the future.  Let me know if you are interested!




 

2 comments:

  1. Liked Elizabeth Dailey's flag--I love to listen to silence. Where I live, it only happens late at night or on holidays when there is no traffic.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails