Friday, October 28, 2011

Joy of Small Projects


More interesting than scarves and less time consuming than sweaters, knitting socks has become one of my most enjoyable evening projects.  Never having knit socks before, I tried it out last year and was hooked.  They make great gifts, too!  Knitting can be such a contemplative practice that is right up there along with hand embroidery.  Stitching in the moment.  I learned to knit from my Mom when I was young, and used the craft quite a bit through my twenties.  Then life took me in other directions, and I stopped knitting until about 5 years ago.  I was tempted by all the new yummy yarns and patterns to try with the resurgence of the hand arts. The skill came back, with some refreshers.  I guess it is like riding a bike, the muscle memory is in there somewhere.  Glad I took it up again.
I have Ann Budd's newest book, Sock Knitting Master Class, to work my way through this winter...

Pattern:  Seduction Socks by Ann Budd

6 comments:

  1. Okay. So why didn't you tell me we are knit-sibs!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to have not told you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool! I'm knitting socks, too. They're addictive, but I only began knitting socks this year. You are beyond me. Congratulations on getting into the new exhibit at Visions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love socks! Glad you are doing it as well, Cindy! And thanks...I am thrilled about the Visions exhibit...check it out, runs until Jan. 22.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful socks, gorgeous yarn. I've run into several bloggers who are doing them. And I'm so sick and tired of the lousy socks I buy in the store--just no comparison. I may have to pick up my knitting needles again!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nadia, Yes it is a very satisfying project with a wonderful product at the end.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails