Friday, July 1, 2011

Thoughts About Community

Vivika DeNegre launched a blog for her prayer flag project (not to be confused with the ongoing Bhavana Project)...I am contributing as I can.  Check it out and see some participants to date, including Jane LaFazio Ileen Miller, Ruth Anne Olson and Martha Wolfe.   I find the synchronicity of such projects inspiring.  That we should set up these collaborations with similar intentions at different times all over the world is heartening.  There is the willingness to be open and to give of ourselves by sending out our prayers, hopes, and energy.  

Vivika has gone directly to artists with her project.  Seeing the Bhavana Project as meditation in action, I initially invited mostly yoga colleagues, many of whom did not consider themselves to have creative abilities.  As the BP continues, a large number of participants are from all walks of life outside the art community.  They have come to appreciate the process.  Recipients of gift flags have been deeply touched by the expressions of friends...all reminding me of the healing power of art.


 So if this moves you, I hope you will consider joining in one of these flag projects in the future, or create your own.  There is great value in simply sharing that positive energy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!

    Well, you would not believe what I'm doing these days. I am running a small art gallery in Claremont. It's a little college town (great colleges) with lots of culture. I have many ideas in my head for workshops and boutiques and such to bring to the gallery. I'd love to talk to you about some of them sometime. I am usually off Mondays and Tuesdays. Let me know if your schedule works with that & perhaps we can finally catch up.

    xo,
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of the prayer flags before but not like this. Love it and want to participate. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails