Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer is Here


I have returned from my nephew's graduation with all the related festivities on Friday, followed by taking a meditation intensive over the weekend.  Letting it all settle in now.  To move from the emotions of Friday to quiet sitting seemed challenging at first, but workable.  It is all about being stable, clear and present, whether among family or sitting in the meditation hall.  I come away feeling lighter...for awhile at least.  You know how it goes...  The little tests of life..someone cuts you off in traffic, worries crop up....will I remain stable and open then?  Don't know about you, but I am not there yet.  I get triggered, but little by little things do shift.



Monday's visit with friends to the Huntington Library and gardens in San Marino proved to be a wonderful transition.  Such a beautiful tranquil place.  I finally was able to see the new Chinese garden area....spectacular!


And we were able to see the exhibit of John Frame  "Three Fragments of a Lost Tale"...sculptural, film and photographic imagery that is unsettling, intriguing, complex.  I appreciated that there were no information wall labels (per the artist's request), for it allowed me to just experience the work as it is.   If you have seen Frame's work, I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails