Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Just getting around to posting about last weekend.  A fine family celebration (my sister's and my birthdays), as well as catching up with my traveling nephew who just returned from Berlin.  Those boys are now handsome young men.  How the time goes!  The weekend also became recuperation time from the virus I had...feeling so much more energetic now.  Connection will so often restore the spirit, won't it?



A very tolerant Cisco!
We went to see the Japanese woodblock exhibit "Dreams and Diversions" at the San Diego Museum of Art...superb! Glad to have seen it...closes June 5th.   The exhibit added to what I had seen last year at the Norton Simon's Hiroshige show. 

Then there was Marimekko fabric shopping trip...ah the colors!  And at bargain prices!


Here is the project I was completing with embroidery on the train ride.  What do you think of the gold leaf?

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Glad you are feeling better. You're right, connecting with family can restore the spirit. Those fabric colors are beautiful and vibrant! And... I like the gold leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn, for all your input!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails