Monday, April 25, 2011

Inspired Energy


I am thrilled and honored to have my piece, "Energy", juried in to Sacred Threads 2011 in the Inspiration category! 
The show runs June 22 - July 4, at the Church of the Epiphany, 3301 Hidden Meadow Drive, Herndon, Virginia.

I feel a great affinity with this biennial exhibition, "established to provide a venue for quilters who see their work as a connection to the sacred and/or as an expression of their spiritual journey. The objective is to create a dignified exhibition of artwork that touches on both spiritual and personal levels for all those who view it". 

The sun has long been a powerful personal symbol in my life.  My imagery is inspired by that natural force itself, as well as being influenced by a practice of yoga, meditation, and eastern studies.  Traditionally, the sun has been praised in numerous forms in eastern mythology as the source of light, nourishment, wisdom and clarity.  It was a natural direction to move in with my work, taking up the challenge of portraying this uplifting subject, and sharing my interpretation with others.

Detail of thread painted, appliqued sun

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Linda. A lovely piece! I really like the quilt-on-quilt effect of the mounting, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Linda! I really love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, LInda! I love the touch of the threads extending out into the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails