Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Marching Along

 This month I am taking several workshops.  A Photoshop Elements intro online class through Quiltwhisper  began yesterday, taught by the Pixeladies, Deb Cashatt and Kris Sazaki.  Now, I am not new to PSE, however with being mostly self taught, it seemed a good opportunity to learn or brush up on some basics, especially as this class is geared towards quilters and fiber artists.  Already in the first lesson I have learned much!

Next week I look forward to playing with Deborah Weir in her Lamination workshop along with some of my art group companions.  Sounds like fun, as well  a good way to spring into spring!  I will keep you posted.



For a recent baby shower I had the opportunity of sewing another fabric ball, called Whimsie Balls based on Victorian puzzle balls.  I don't know how many of these I have made over the years for numerous kids and adults, yet they are always fun and always different.  Babies seem to love them!  I purchased the pattern from "Love Tokens", and the designer, Nancy Brenan Daniel , still sells patterns on her site.


3 comments:

  1. I also enjoy taking classes and workshops to learn new techniques and grow as an artist. I'll look forward to hearing more about your workshop with Deborah Weir. Sounds interesting! I love the fabric ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric balls look like a great idea! We are visiting a baby next month - have to try one. I am sure the classes you are taking will inspire some exciting new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! Judy, I got the whimsie ball pattern (based on Victorian puzzle balls) about 15 years ago from "Love Tokens"...sure there must be a resource online.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails