Thursday, March 17, 2011

Familiarity





Continuing to share with you previous Bhavana Project flags, here is one from 2006 by Mary Cochran, a Southern California artist.  Mary crafted an evocative image in fabric on front and back. 
Her thoughts, "I certainly enjoyed the process. When I first received the flags I was filled with excitement and also tension about having a deadline and having others see my work. I loved having a project though... I was happy with the results. Looking back I am in awe of the things it has triggered and brought to my attention. I am still almost daily being shown how deeply rooted a very important influence in my life it has been."

 
The quote on the back from Esther Dendel  reads: "Familiarity often blinds us to the Marvels of the commonplace."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails