Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

So 2011 begins...  A friend asked what resolutions I was making for this year.  I don't really set NY's resolutions anymore, it seems too arbitrary to me.  Change is an evolving process that begins slowly, step by step and day by day.  Being clear in the moment is the first step.  Roz Stendahl wrote about it beautifully in her blog.  Looking inward and trusting yourself is good ground to begin on.  I am moving forward in my own way.  Not taking on too many new projects as I have enough on my plate, like SAQA's Visioning Project with ongoing work in progress.  The Sketchbook Project book needs to be completed by the 15th...the opening sketch is shown below.  I am redoing the cover now.  Later in the month I planning on taking Jane LaFazio's online location sketch class through Joggles.
For those of you who are looking for something new, there are many free options out there in the virtual world.  Try the Sketchbook Challenge and work alongside artists Jane LaFazio, Melanie Testa, Jamie Fingal and many more.  There is also Strathmore's online visual journal class.  Many artists have tutorials on their blogs, as well as sketching challenges.  Check out Rose Hughes's blog. 
However you begin this year, may it be with clarity, health and energy!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, Linda. Hope your coming year brings with it all you desire.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails