Thursday, January 20, 2011

Acceptance

"Acceptance is simply the positive acknowledgment of things as they are,
and our willingness to let them be."
-Armand Eisen & Lin Sexton
In 2005 I created the Bhavana Project, based on prayer flags.  I chose "Acceptance" as my inspiration for my first flag in the original set.  Acceptance is not weakness, as it may sometimes seem, nor is it easy to do.  It has the power to bring tranquility as we face ourselves and life with openness.  That is why I wanted share Acceptance with others through this project.  It was, and continues to be, one of my lessons to learn in this life.  There have been so many amazing ideas and images brought in by others since the project's inception.  Do you have something to contribute?

The current set of flags is due to return to me in the next month, ready for another participant.  This set, organized a bit different from the first two, has an overall theme of Peace.  Are you ready to join in?  Or know someone who might like to?  No art background or sewing skills needed.  To learn more, click on the Flag Project page link at the top of this blog. Please let me know of your interest, I would love to have you join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails