Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Value of Art Groups

Yesterday was the meeting and lunch for my monthly art group, Fiber Fanatics.  What fun we had!  A member of this wonderful group for several years now, I have found our gatherings to be a source of  friendship, inspiration, information, laughter, food, and support.  The smaller informal size allows everyone to actively participate.  We share our work, life and processes... learn and grow from each other.  Each of the seven of us has a unique creative voice, and that mix brings a rich range of experience to the collective whole.  Fiber Fanatics consists of Carole Gentile, Nancy King, Sherry Kleinman, Sandra Lauterbach, Roberta Walley, and Sally Wright.  Thank you Ladies, you have enriched my life, artistic and otherwise.  And for those of you out there considering it, I highly recommend finding such a group!

3 comments:

  1. Your group sounds wonderful! I would love to find a small group of artists in my area. I have been a member of a quilt group for years but I am the only art quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, do I need one of these. It just seems my area doesn't breed artists, but I know that can't be true. I'm in a pottery class right now and I should ask the ladies there. I would love to have such a group. I need the inspiration and encouragement. I'm so glad you had such fun at your current gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know what is out there...in the meantime online groups can work, too!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails