Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brush Strokes

I recently completed the 3rd in the series of 5 Shambhala Art classes. What is Shambhala Art, you might ask? Simply put, its “mission is to encourage the exploration of how meditation and contemplation works with the creative and viewing processes.” I am personally finding these classes beneficial, as I understand how to approach my art making and viewing more fully. I am finding I can accept the various stages of creative process rather than fight with them. In this session we painted in a direct and unplanned way, making marks that represented basic elements of space, form and energy. The brush work shown was done as a collaboration, where the marks became a conversation with each other (blue - space, black - form, red - energy). It was freeing to approach the brush in this way!  Who knows where it will lead?




“…what we are trying to do is to be very genuine and benevolent and basic, so that we do not create passion, aggression and ignorance in ourselves or in our audience.”

-Chogyam Trungpa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails