Monday, October 25, 2010

Visions Biennial Opening

Over the weekend Quilt Visions Biennial 2010 "No Boundaries" opened at the Oceanside Musem of Art with a number of events.  It is superb exhibit, with wide spectrum of amazing quilts.  I enjoyed the Sunday morning Artist's Walk Through, during which about half of the exhibiting artists spoke briefly about their quilt.  Friends and I went on to a SAQA SoCal lunch at a local restaurant for conversation and delicious food.  In the afternoon the Museum hosted a panel discussion on the topic about balancing art making and life, moderated by Judith Content with panelists Diedre Adams, Gloria Hansen, Jane LaFazio, and Katie Pasquini Masopust.  It was a fascinating discussion....valuable to see the varied styles of working and of work produced...from planned out to intuitive.  Having community and the support of family and friends seems to be a big key.  I know that from my own life as well.  I acknowledge my family and friends with gratitude.  It was an inspiring day.
The exhibit runs until March 13th.  A wonderful catalog is available for those who cannot get there in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails