Friday, October 15, 2010

Thoughts on Changes and More

Energy was one of those "needs something more" quilts that has been on my to do list.  I revised it by removing the old binding and then appliqueing the quilt on another background quilt, creating a wider frame.  I did this in much the same manner as I did with Essential Core earlier in the year.   I am very pleased with the results.  What do you think?


Original

New Version





















As a side note, the SAQA Auction raised $52,300!  Thanks to all!  There are still some pieces available in the SAQA store.

4 comments:

  1. Its amazing what a small change like that will do! The wider frame draws the eye into the center. I think it was a good improvement. I also like the threads that continue out into the border. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback, Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a difference a wider and darker border makes!It really makes the yellow threads stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A small change can really shift things, can't it?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails