Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Internet Overwhelm and More

As I have mentioned previously, I receive Robert Genn's email newsletters which bring in thoughtworthy subject matter for artists in particular and everyone in general.  There was an interesting one this week on the effects of too much internet time...and there have been great conversations going on from that post on the site.  Check it out!    I do personally find that too much time on the computer and internet makes me agitated.  Not only is it due to the visual overstimulation, a huge factor, but also due to sitting too long.   I even find this occurring at the sewing machine.  There the tension comes when I flip from being present to goal oriented (I-want-to-get-this-done syndrome - yes, this can happen to even those of us who practice yoga!).  It is good to set time limits and use a timer.  And remember to breathe!  And you...what do you do to maintain balance?
Fellow fiber artist, Judy Warner, has an informative short video about posture at the sewing machine on her blog which you might find of interest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Linda. I agree wholeheartedly on internet time. I spend part of every day on email, etc. I definitely need to get up and move around. I find myself holding my breath and tightening my shoulders the longer I spend on email!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails