Monday, March 1, 2010

Flowing On

Finished!  This one had it's challenges to complete...now that it is, I am content.  The addition of embroidered french knots was particularly satisfying to work on.  I love hand work...and that feeling grows stronger.  Through the years with quilting, I usually added at least a small section of hand quilting to my quilts.  I enjoy the pace, meditative and thoughtful.  I find sewing on the machine quite the opposite...fast and goal oriented.   Would I want to an entire large quilt all with hand quilting?  Not so sure about that....!  It would certainly limit how much work I could do.  But worth experimenting with setting a new intention and change of pace when I sit at the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails