Friday, December 4, 2009

December is Upon Us!

Can you believe it is December already?!   "Flowing Through" is completed and entered - entry acceptance results come out in a few weeks.  I am pleased with the finished piece and the play between blocks and flow.  

Flowing Through   -  20" x 22.5"  © 2009 Linda A. Miller
Flowing Through   -  20" x 22.5"
© 2009 Linda A. Miller 

I have begun the first layer of threadwork/quilting on the second piece (detail below), and am enjoying the process.  Never quite know where the work will take me.  That new discovery sparks my ongoing interest.

     
WIP
I had the opportunity to visit several exhibits while down in the San Diego area over the weekend.  "Interpretations 2009" on until Jan. 17 at Quilt Visions Gallery had wonderful varied work displayed.  Inspiring to see and difficult to choose which pieces I liked best. Go to: http://www.quiltvisions.org/   The Front Porch Gallery is showing "Fiber is Good for Your Art", a fabulous mix of fiber work that includes quilting, basket making and weaving.  I especially enjoyed Erin Wilson's detailed quilts.  http://www.erinwilsonquilts.com/  You will find the gallery at:  http://www.frontporchgallery.org/   2903 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad 92008.

As the holiday season with all the related busyness comes upon us, I leave you with this quote from Pema Chodron:  

"It's a transformative experience to simply pause instead of immediately filling up 
the space.  By waiting, we begin to connect with fundamental restlessness 
as well as fundamental spaciousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails