Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flags!


The flags have been waiting for addition #3, and I was inspired to create another one myself. It seems to me that peace must come from within before we can expect it to happen outside us. I have drawn from my eastern studies and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 1.33, for this flag. "The mind becomes clear and serene when the qualities of the heart are cultivated: friendliness towards the joyful, compassion towards the suffering, happiness towards the pure, and impartiality towards the impure." I have woven the words "happiness, compassion, kindness, equanimity" into this flag, as these are interconnected elements in developing inner peace.
The previously completed set 2 is due to be exhibited at Sound Yoga in Seattle, WA at the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails